Betterworks Responsible AI Policy
The Betterworks Responsible AI Policy outlines our commitment to developing, deploying, and managing the use of artificial intelligence (“AI”) and large language model (“LLM”) services or features provided to our customers (including the use of third-party providers “3PP”). This Policy supplements the Betterworks AI Terms and Conditions and the Betterworks Terms and Conditions.
The purpose of this policy is to establish the guidelines and principles of responsible AI use to include:
- Ethical Use
- Data Privacy and Security
- Human Control
- Public Trust
Responsible AI policies are essential for guiding the advancement of AI and LLM technologies. This policy is evolving and will continue to adapt to changes in these technologies and as new challenges arise.
3. Principles of AI
Accountability: Betterworks is accountable for the systems developed and deployed within the Betterworks Intelligent Performance Management platform. We will establish the mechanisms for ensuring the identification of responsible parties, as well as the management and oversight of decision-making processes.
Collaboration: Betterworks agrees to collaborate and encourage cooperation with relevant interested parties and stakeholders to ensure the development and implementation of responsible AI policies and best practice. These parties include: a) current and prospective customers, partners, and suppliers, b) regulation authorities, and c) others as applicable.
Compliance: Betterworks agrees to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards governing AI, data protection, and privacy.
Ethical Use: Betterworks will ensure the use of AI and LLM technologies are designed and used in ways that respect human rights, privacy, fairness, and transparency. The use of these technologies will adhere to acceptable use requirements and will not lead to the harm or discrimination of individuals or groups.
Data Privacy and Security: Betterworks will implement robust security and privacy measures to ensure the protection of personal information processed by AI and LLM technologies. Technical and organizational measures include: access control, encryption, logging and monitoring, continuity of operations, and incident response. Betterworks will ensure that personal information is not used by third-parties for training their AI and LLM models.
Fairness: Betterworks will commit to avoiding data bias and discrimination relating to the use of AI and LLM technologies, ensuring that they do not disadvantage any individual or groups. We will implement the tools and processes reasonably necessary to identify and mitigate bias and discrimination within Betterworks services and features.
Human Control: Betterworks will ensure that humans retain control in all AI and LLM activities, prioritizing the interests and well-being of humans. We recognize these technologies as tools to assist and augment decision-making and capabilities, not to replace human involvement altogether.
Innovation: Betterworks is excited to help foster the developments and adoption of AI and LLM technologies in order to benefit the Betterworks community. We will do our part to advance these technologies within the Human Resources (HR) and performance management industries.
Public Trust: Betterworks will contribute to building trust in the use of AI and LLM technologies by committing to responsible AI practices as identified in this policy. We aim to be a leader within the HR and performance management industry while we educate, collaborate, and partner with interested parties and stakeholders in the drive toward the adoption of AI and LLM technologies.
4. Acceptable Use of AI and LLM Technologies
Users of Betterworks AI and LLM services and features agree that they will not:
- mislead anyone that content is human-generated;
- generate content that expresses or promotes hate, harassment, or violence; exploits or harms children; encourages self-harm, presents illegal, sexual, political, harmful, false, deceiving or misleading information; misuses personal data; contains malware, unsolicited bulk content, ransomware, viruses, or other software;
- use services or features for activities which have a high risk of economic harm; for adult content, adult industries, and dating apps; for tailored financial advice without a qualified person reviewing the information; to provide medical or health advice; for political campaigning or lobbying;
- use the services or features in a way that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any third-party rights;
- reverse assemble, reverse compile, decompile, translate or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying components of models, algorithms, and systems (except to the extent such restrictions are contrary to applicable law);
- use the services or features to develop foundation models or other large-scale models that compete with Betterworks or the 3PP; and
- use any method to extract data from the services or features, including web scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction methods, other than as permitted through the API.
5. Requirements and Responsibilities
AI and LLM technologies use machine learning models that generate suggestions/predictions based on patterns in data. As such, the output generated from these technologies may not always be accurate or may contain bias. Users who use Betterworks services or features to assist in the decision-making process understand they have an obligation to evaluate and review the output generated by AI and LLM technologies. The acceptance of the generated output signifies the user’s agreement to these requirements.
Betterworks may investigate and enforce violations of this policy as we are committed to the responsible use of AI and LLM technologies as outlined above.
6. Contacting Betterworks
Betterworks can be contacted at:
Betterworks Systems, Inc.
101 Jefferson Drive, 1st Floor
Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA
Questions about our Services can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about our security or privacy practices can be directed to email@example.com